CI Repairs

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Mar 8 17:46:27 GMT 2022

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 11:20 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 8. März 2022 08:54:38 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > This evening i've repaired several issues that were causing builds to
> fail
> > on the main Jenkins CI system. This includes a broken Windows builder
> > (causing Windows builds to periodically fail) and a hung FreeBSD builder
> > (which was consuming half a CPU and preventing KWin CI jobs from
> completing)
>
> Thank you! Would that also explain the problems we are seeing with the
> FreeBSD
> seed job?

Unfortunately no.

Most of the issues i've seen with the seed jobs on FreeBSD/Windows have
been due to CMake erroring out as a consequence of the platform not being
supported.
I've been fixing those as we hit them (by disabling the build of that
project on that platform)

Looks like FreeBSD passes now.

> > Replacement runs have been initiated for all projects.
> >
> > So far all appears well, however a number of projects appear to have CI
> > regressions on one or more platforms due to:
> > - Use of exceptions (KMail)
>
> For this I'm not finding an explanation, it started after a completely
> unrelated merge commit and the exception using code is in an Akonadi
> header
> that is used all over the place.
>
> > - Use of an ECM version that does not exist (print-manager)
>
> Fixed.
>
> > - Use of C++ functionality that is not enabled (okular on Windows)
>
> https://invent.kde.org/graphics/okular/-/merge_requests/582
>
> > - Something to do with qobject_cast (akonadiconsole)
>
> We had similar issues in other modules over the past two weeks or so due
> the include install layout changes not being propagated fully yet. That's
> what
> made me initially look at the FreeBSD seed job.
>
> Regards,
> Volker

Thanks,
Ben