The KDE Patchset Collection has been rebased on top of Qt 5.15.3

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sun Mar 6 18:02:02 GMT 2022

On Mon, Mar 7, 2022 at 4:13 AM Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 6, 2022 at 9:52 AM Fabian Vogt <fabian at ritter-vogt.de> wrote:
> >
> > Moin,
> >
> > Am Freitag, 4. M�rz 2022, 01:35:14 CET schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > > The KDE Patchset Collection has been rebased on top of Qt 5.15.3
> > >
> > > Some patches have been droped, some are still needed since we carry
> patches newer than 1 year old.
> > >
> > > Since this are rebases (to clearly show which patches are "ours", i.e.
> those on top of the v5.15.3-lts-lgpl tag)
> > > the kde/5.15 branches have been force-pushed to, don't get scared when
> fetching tells you that a force-update happened.
> >
> > With the rebase, the connection between the 5.15.2 and 5.15.3 states has
> been
> > lost, which broke all branches (and thus MRs) based on that, and the
> > non-linearity of the history makes it hard to get an accurate list of
> changes
> > (added, removed and changed commits). GC might eventually also break
> links to
> > particular commits on the old branch.
> >
> > Would it be possible to just cherry-pick the patches from upstream's
> 5.15 which
> > were missing from kde/5.15 instead? I imagine that wouldn't be too hard,
> and
> > grant a better overview.
> >
> > If not, could you please publish a full list of changes caused by the
> rebase of
> > affected repositories?
> >

> It should have been done as kde/5.15.2 and kde/5.15.3 branches, but
> here we are...

If you clone the repositories then run the following command you will pull
down to your local system a backup copy of the branch made by our hooks at
the exact moment before it was force pushed.

git fetch origin +refs/backups/*:refs/backups/*

The ref refs/backups/branch-kde/5.15-1646350085 (in the case of qtbase) can
then be used to do any analysis you were looking to do.
(the number at the end will differ from repository to repository, but each
one is guaranteed to exist)

Cheers,
Ben