libksane seems to break QProcess::start calls

Tobias Leupold tl at l3u.de
Fri Mar 4 07:32:11 GMT 2022

Hi Thiago and all,

thanks a lot for the input so far! I'm really a bit lost here ...

Am 04.03.22 um 01:06 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
 > Fix the problem where the problem is.

I would really love to, esp. if this could be some upstream issue. And
if not, I'd also love to fix it ;-)

> You can strace the process. Add the options -f -bexecve to see the current
> process and its forks & threads, but stop when it executes a child process.
> You should see SIGCHLD line, like this:

I did it like this. I created one strace for the scanner not causing
problems and scanned two pages. This resulted in 27,096 lines of output.

Then I created one for the scanner causing the issue, also scanning two
pages. This yielded a solid 270,807 lines :-O

To be honest, I don't have a clue for what I search in those files ...
would you be so kind to have a look? Or can I lessen the output, so this
becomes more readable?

I uploaded the traces here:
https://l3u.de/tmp/strace_brscan.txt.xz
https://l3u.de/tmp/strace_plustek.txt.xz