Debugging CI test failures

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sun Jun 19 08:58:19 BST 2022

On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 00:44:08 +1200
Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:

[...]

> Looks like DirectX and it's corresponding components are missing:
>
> PS C:\> Get-ChildItem -Path C:\ -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
> -Force -Filter ddraw.dll
> PS C:\> Get-ChildItem -Path C:\ -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
> -Force -Filter glu32.dll
> PS C:\> Get-ChildItem -Path C:\ -Recurse -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
> -Force -Filter MFCaptureEngine.dll
>
> Looks like to make QtWebEngine work we would need to make some
> changes to our Windows image:
> -
> https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b646b841-c9fb-4f39-9662-5b59f02279ab/installing-servermediafoundation-in-a-docker-container?forum=windowscontainers
> -
> https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/386adbc4-3e43-4896-8cbb-ba9cc7fc6b72/how-to-install-directx-to-windows-server-core-docker-container?forum=windowscontainers

That looks like a bit of a mess, too. What is your (and everybody's)
take on how we should proceed? Are those changes to the image more
trouble than it's worth?

I still have the alternative option to factor out any linkage to
QWebEngine from the testcase. Annoying but possible.

(Is there a way to detect that it's a CI build?)

Regards
Thomas