Gitlab update

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Jul 9 12:18:53 BST 2022

Hi all,

This evening I completed updating our Gitlab instance to 15.1.1, which
brings some performance improvements and general bug fixes.

While everything appears to be operating normally, please let us know if
you find anything non-functional.

Please note that due to abuse we've had to disable the ability to import
projects, as unknown actors were using this to import a reverse-shell CI
job to let them use our CI workers for their own personal purposes. While
we have banned the responsible accounts, it seems they're more than happy
to register new accounts, which has required us to take additional measures
to counteract this abuse.

Unfortunately the host of the repositories they are importing (GitHub) has
failed to respond to our abuse reports concerning this - should anyone have
any inside contacts I can pass along the necessary details.

Thanks,
Ben