Automated usage of Gitlab

Julius Künzel jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space
Sun Jul 3 18:11:28 BST 2022

I removed that code now. It was introduced in a pre GitLab time and later just ported, but not need anymore. See https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/commit/26d86498d6deaf3183723575d487379f01525607

> > - Retrieval of various code examples from various repositories,
> >  originating from KDE CI/CD servers, likely due to unit tests or Craft
> >  builds utilising them
> >
> >  - Retrieval by Digikam itself of files from the Digikam code
> >  repository (see
> >  https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/blob/master/core/libs/onlineversion/onlineversionchecker.cpp)
> >
> >  The last one is particularly upsetting, as this is how we ended up
> >  with a bad situation with Discover.
> >
> >  Developers - please discuss with Sysadmin before implementing
> >  functionality in your software that communicates with KDE.org
> >  infrastructure so we can ensure that the endpoints you are contacting
> >  are highly scalable.
> >  Gitlab does not meet this criteria by any definition at all.
> >
> >  If we could please get these corrected that would be appreciated.
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Ben

Julius Künzel
Volunteer KDE Developer, mainly hacking Kdenlive
KDE GitLab: https://my.kde.org/user/jlskuz/
Matrix: @jlskuz:kde.org