Marge bot integration

Rohan Garg rohan at kde.org
Mon Jan 24 10:14:28 GMT 2022

Hi
>> > I think that marge-bot would make merging patches in projects with high
>> > traffic such as plasma a lot easier. Thoughts?

Mesa currently uses marge-bot extensively to merge contributions from
developers. It definitely simplified a lot of the contribution
workflow for developers.

> My first question would be concerning scalability - is marge-bot intelligent enough to not try to rebase/merge multiple MRs in the same repository at the same time?
> (It looks like it might be but it doesn't say so explicitly)

AFAIR each MR was handled one at a time. Having said that, Marge also
has a batch mode that will batch together multiple MR's and will test
and merge them together. This was recently enabled for Mesa, you can
see this in action here [1]. I'm sure the Mesa developers will be
happy to share their experience with Marge on
mesa-dev at lists.freedesktop.org

Cheers
Rohan Garg

[1] https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/merge_requests/14457