Haruna: Performance issues on older and/or less powerful hardware

George Florea Banus georgefb899 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 19:51:12 GMT 2022

I'm back with another call for help.

I have created a small application that uses the two windows approach
https://gitlab.com/g-fb/mpv-2-windows

The good part is that the playback is smooth even on my low end machine.
The bad part is that my implementation is terrible:
- the window playing the video stays on top of all windows,
   instead of only the window  from the same application
- resizing on my Ryzen 2600 with Nvidia 750TI system is very, very stuttery,
   but is smooth on my Intel i5-4590 with HD Graphics 4600 system
- moving the windows is also bad, the video playing window doesn't move
   until the other window (that is actually being moved) finishes the move

I need help with a proper implementation:
- video playing window only stays on top of it's sibling window
- moving windows at the same time
- better resizing on Nvidia, if possible

If someone could create a sample app would be great, if not at least
some pointers
on how to achieve the above are also good, since I don't even know
how/what to search for for this use case.

Thank you.