Marge bot integration

Vlad Zahorodnii vlad.zahorodnii at kde.org
Fri Jan 21 12:42:35 GMT 2022

Hi,

In kwin, we experience merge congestion issues where pending merge is
aborted because another merge request has been merged in meanwhile, so
you need to go back to the MR, rebase it and schedule a merge again.
This is exhausting and frustrating developer experience.

Fortunately, this kind of issues can be solved by using
https://github.com/smarkets/marge-bot. With marge bot, when all review
comments have been addressed, you need to assign the MR to the marge-bot
user. After that, it will try to merge the patch and if needed rebase
and retry again. marge-bot is used by projects such as Mesa, pulse
audio, various GNOME projects, etc.

I think that marge-bot would make merging patches in projects with high
traffic such as plasma a lot easier. Thoughts?

Regards,
Vlad