Season of KDE Proposal: Rust wrapper for KConfig

Neko-san nekoNexus at protonmail.ch
Sat Jan 8 06:55:58 GMT 2022

> Rust sure looks interesting but I wonder whether having bindings for a
>
> framework will make applications suddenly pop.
>
> Is there any KDE project that would be furthered by having (and
>
> maintaining) these bindings?
>
> Aleix

This might not be the case but I know that, personally, having more options to be able to use Qt with other languages besides C++ is quite appealing to the junior developer in me.

I personally have a bias towards Rust, but I know for certain that one of Qt's major downsides is that it has nowhere near the same language support compared to GTK and this is more than likely the reason why GTK tends to win out, from what I see on a day-to-day basis in open-source.

-Jose