Unknown protocol "konq"

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Dec 27 18:26:01 GMT 2022

Am 27.12.22 um 19:20 schrieb Stefano Crocco:
> On martedì 27 dicembre 2022 18:56:39 CET Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> for month now on Fedora you get a error message everytime you start
>> konqueror or open a new tab that the protocol "knoq" isn't known
>>
>> nobody in the distro bugtarcker cares, recently again kf5/konqueror
>> updates and still the same issue
>>
>> dunno what this protocol should be for, maybe a missing but obious
>> useless dependecny because besides the annoying message you need to
>> confirm all day long everything works
>>
>> Dez 27 18:51:00 srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net kioexec[2417]: kf.kio.core:
>> Protocol Class of url QUrl("konq:blank") , isn't ':local', cancelling job.
>> Dez 27 18:51:00 srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net kioexec[2417]: kf.kio.core:
>> couldn't create slave: "Unbekanntes Protokoll „konq“."
>
> What version of Konqueror are you using?

konqueror-22.12.0-1.fc36.x86_64

> Can you check that you have
> webenginepart installed? It should be part of Konqueror itself, unless Fedora
> decided to make a separate package. To be sure, please, check if you have all
> of these files:

[harry at srv-rhsoft:/downloads]$ rpm -qa | grep -i webengine
qt5-qtwebengine-5.15.10-4.fc36.x86_64
kwebenginepart-22.12.0-1.fc36.x86_64

> - libkwebenginepart.so (should be in /usr/lib64 or /usr/lib)
> - webenginepart.so (should be in /usr/lib64/plugins or /usr/lib/plugins or in
> a subdirectory, depending on the version)
> - webenginepart.desktop (should be in /usr/share/kservices5)

[harry at srv-rhsoft:/downloads]$ rpm -q --file /usr/lib64/libkwebenginepart.so
kwebenginepart-22.12.0-1.fc36.x86_64

> Also, could you please check in Konqueror Settings dialog which entries are
> listed for the "Default web browser engine" in the General tab? Is there a
> WebEngine entry?

yes

but given i use konqueror only as filemanager because dolphin with the
lack of bookmarks is a joke and the "startpage" is ~/ i don't get the
connection with webengine at all

KDE software writes ton of messages all day long to the syslog (80% of
my rsyslog.conf are filters to supress that stuff) but now as it starts
also coming up with messagesboxes can someone please stop this "trend"

there is no reason to come up with such annoying alerts the user can't
do anything against as well as a user can't do anything with logspam
like "plasmashell[1384]:
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationItem.qml:222:21:
QML SelectableLabel: Binding loop detected for property implicitWidth"
and maintainers/developers obviously don't care

this is all stuff for debugging and developers but don't bother endusers
with it please!