Major QDBus regression in Qt6 with potential impact on KDE

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Dec 16 21:39:28 GMT 2022

El divendres, 16 de desembre de 2022, a les 16:20:29 (CET), Bartosz
Golaszewski va escriure:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 4:05 PM Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El divendres, 16 de desembre de 2022, a les 15:45:17 (CET), Bartosz
> >
> > Golaszewski va escriure:

> > > Oh I tried and failed. :(
> > >
> > > So instead I thought I'd find a) paying clients, b) projects with some
> > > serious stake in QDBus that could help and report it to them in hope
> > > of finding help. :)
> >
> > Fair enough :)
> >
> > As a suggestion next time attach the code, don't put it in comments (and
> > provide a full buildable example, yours doesn't have a buildsystem), makes
> > me super sad that i have to copy and paste and i was almost super close
> > to not even bothering trying it.
>
> What are you talking about, there's a link to my github repo at the
> bottom and it includes requirements.txt for python and a .pro file for
> Qt.

For those that are not put off by his somewhat agressive manners and still want
to invest their spare time to help him, the link to github repo is hidden in
the "here" word of the "The examples I posted are available here." in a 250
lines comment.

Cheers,
  Albert