Question about KWrite's new tab behavior

Tobias Leupold tl at stonemx.de
Sat Dec 3 10:29:56 GMT 2022

Hi all,

the recent "Kate ate KWrite" change hit Gentoo's stable branch. Now, when
opening more than one file, I get a tabbed view of all in one window instead
of multiple instances.

Obviously, I'm too dumb to find the respective setting (if it exists) ... when
I set the maximum tab count to 1 and open two files, I see the second one and
one tab in one window. After closing the tab, I see the first file, still in
same window, without a tab bar (is this intended to function in this way
btw?).

How can I get the old behavior with multiple instances instead of tabs back?!
We fear change :-D

Thanks in advance for the explanation!

Cheers, Tobias