New releases for bugfixes

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Thu Aug 25 17:55:08 BST 2022

Hello everyone,
Right now when we fix a significant bug in our software that may take a
while to reach users to to the release schedule of its repo, we contact
distros and ask them to backport it. This puts the burden on distros to
react to us. I'm wondering how people feel about KDE instead making
immediate point releases ourselves. Thus we would take responsibility
for releasing fixes for our own regressions, and distros that monitor
KDE infrastructure for new tarballs could be notified automatically.

Thoughts?

Nate