Loosening the commit limit for work branches

Noah Davis noahadvs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:57:12 BST 2022

I didn't want to leave the master branch in a semi-broken state or
present what I had come up with in an MR until I could present it as
an improvement. It took a while to figure out what I wanted and
whether some of what I wanted was even achievable. I haven't been
working alone, so some people such as Marco and Nate are aware of the
current state of the branch and have been testing it periodically. I'm
aiming for a 22.12 release, so I intend to finish the patch over the
next month (it's already getting close), leaving 2 or 3 months for
additional testing after the merge.

I don't want this discussion to turn into whether or not only my
reasons for wanting a higher commit limit/no limit are right, but I
recognize it is important to question my reasons since those are a
factor in the discussion.