Announcing general availability of Windows CI - Jenkins CI now EOL

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Apr 25 10:08:53 BST 2022

Good morning all,

Over the past few days the final bits of work were completed relating to
GItlab Windows CI meaning i'm now happy to announce that it should be
Generally Available to all projects that need to use it.

Please note however that due to limitations involving GpgME a number of PIM
based projects are not available on Windows, so you will need to ensure
your dependencies are setup appropriately in .kde-ci.yml if you make use of
PIM technology in your project.

This limitation already existed on Jenkins CI so is not a change from
previous arrangements.

The completion of this means that with the exception of dashboards, we now
have complete feature parity (or in some cases additional features) when
comparing Gitlab CI and Jenkins CI.

This means that Jenkins CI (build.kde.org) is now considered end of life
and is being scheduled for shutdown.

All projects that have yet to setup Gitlab CI are advised to do so
immediately as we will begin the shutdown process for Jenkins CI as soon as
dashboards become available.

Please let us know if there are any queries on the above.

Cheers,
Ben