Difference between QConcatenateTablesProxyModel and KConcatenateRowsProxyModel

Milian Wolff milian.wolff at kdab.com
Sun Apr 24 03:43:05 BST 2022

On Friday, April 22, 2022 3:39:08 AM CEST Fusion Future wrote:
> One major difference I have found is that KConcatenateRowsProxyModel
> will check if sourceModel exists when mapping from/to sourceModel, but
> QConcatenateTablesProxyModel won't. So if QConcatenateTablesProxyModel
> doesn't receive `rowsRemoved` signal from sourceModel,
> QConcatenateTablesProxyModel will crash the program.

As an outsider, I have to say that this sounds perfectly fine - even desired.
Not following the QAIM protocols pedantically will have all sorts of
unintended issues otherwise, some of which are hard to spot and test for. I
can only recommend to test every model with the QAbstractItemModelTester,
which will probably also complain about the above situation from what I
understand.

Cheers

--
Milian Wolff | milian.wolff at kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company