KDE Eco | measurement labs | community meetup Fri. 8 Oct. 13:00 CEST

Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss joseph at kde.org
Mon Sep 27 09:14:32 BST 2021

Apologies for cross-posting!

Hi all,

the second KDE Eco community meetup will take place on *Friday 8 October* at
*13:00 CEST* (UTC+2). We will meet at the following link:

    https://meet.kde.org/b/jos-l59-2i1-9yt

All are welcome!

This meeting will be focused on *energy consumption measurements in the lab*.
One of KDE Eco's long-term goals is to make FOSS/KDE software more efficient --
labs are one way to measure and then drive down the energy consumption of our
software! The main goal of the meeting is to identify what needs to be done to
get there: who, what, where, when, how?

_Plan_
- 10-15 minutes: Achim Guldner, Franziska Mai & Christopher Stumpf will
present details of the measurement lab at Umwelt-Campus
- 5-10 minutes: David Hurka will provide an overview of task automation tools
(e.g., Actiona) for replicating standard usage scenarios
- 35-50 minute discussion question: What do we need to do to set up
measurement labs for the FOSS/KDE community?
- Breakout rooms: Who can do what?

Another idea to discuss: organizing a Sprint to set up a lab and do a measure-
athon of KDE software for /Blauer Engel/ eco-certification.

I look forward to seeing many of you (again) there!

Cheers,
Joseph

KDE Eco: Building Energy-Efficient Free Software!