KDE Incubator Project Application

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Nov 29 16:37:29 GMT 2021

Hello Frank,

The name makes me think the app would be a converter of file formats
(e.g. MP3 -> Ogg Vobris), rather than a unit converter. I might suggest
renaming it. This is because unit and scientific conversion
functionality already exists in KRunner and Kickoff, using the data from
the KUnitConversion framework. Is there a particular reason why this
library wasn't suitable for your purposes? If your app becomes a KDE
project, it might be worthwhile to upstream the conversion logic and
data to KUnitConversion so that the KDE software already using it can
benefit from anything you've added. This would reduce the maintenance
burden for you as well, and lighten up the app so that it is mostly a UI
shell around KUnitConversion with some extra functionality relevant to
the app itself.

Nate