Any interest in a batch file renamer in KIO?

Méven meven29 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 09:30:24 BST 2021

Le mer. 19 mai 2021 à 17:13, Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> a écrit :

> On 5/19/21 9:10 AM, Nomen Luni wrote:
> > I can't remember if KRename comes pre-installed in Neon? If not, doing
> > so would increase discoverability- which may filter to other
> > distributions. Also, the Dolphin service menu entry appears as 'Rename
> > with KRename,' which IMO could do with changing. 'Batch rename,' or
> > 'Bulk rename' would be much more aesthetic and meaningful to the average
> > user, IMO.
>
> Absolutely agree.
>
> We should also not show the context menu item when there is only one
> file selected. :)

You just need to implement a KAbstractFileItemActionPlugin like for
instance: https://invent.kde.org/graphics/gwenview/-/merge_requests/24/diffs
.

You can then even start with special modes for photos, images, etc based on
mimetype of input files easily.

Once we have a KAbstractFileItemActionPlugin in krename, including it in
default apps installed makes a lot more sense for distros.

We could imagine splitting krename, so that you can the minimal install
this plugin without having the advanced app.
Then you'd have something worse considering always installed.

--
Méven

--
Méven