Plasma LeakGuard 💧

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel at yandex.ru
Tue Mar 16 06:41:15 GMT 2021

On Tue, 2021-03-16 at 01:29 +0100, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> I have created this tool for the Plasma desktop:
> https://gitlab.com/es20490446e/plasma-leakguard
>
> Shall I announce it somewhere?
>
> (When replying please include my email address on the "to" field, as I have
> mail delivery disabled for this list)

(note: I'm just a random passer-by contributor)

I think you better discuss this with plasmashell developers. Clearly, memory
leaks need to be fixed instead of working them around. Although if they deem
such tool as you suggest necessary, to me it seems easier to implement by
creating a plasmashell user-level service with `MemoryMax=` variable set and
being restartable (or, in case they wouldn't want to depend on systemd, I
imagine it should be available with bare cgroups too).