AudioTube in KDEReview

Jonah BrĂ¼chert jbb at kaidan.im
Wed Jun 30 00:54:58 BST 2021

> Hi again!
>
> It crashes every time I try to search when the network is disconnected.

Thanks for testing that.

That was a weird bug, but it's fixed now :)

> And when the network is connected, it often has trouble with playing the music
> without interruptions. If a track played for 5 minutes, it starts to pause for
> some seconds every 20 seconds. youtube-dl is not limiting here. If invoked
> manually, it downloads the whole video in a few seconds.

Weird, I'm using AudioTube daily and never had that problem :/

It's likely that this is specific to your QtMultimedia / GStreamer version.

Can you try whether it's reproducible in the nightly flatpak build?

You can install it from here:
https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Flatpak

Thanks,

Jonah