Notice of withdrawal of CI services: KDevelop and KDE Connect

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Jun 16 21:43:49 BST 2021

On Mittwoch, 16. Juni 2021 20:28:25 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The following is notice that I intend to withdraw CI services from the
> following two KDE projects due to faults in their code or build system
> which are having a significant adverse impact on the CI system and
> negatively impacting on other projects:
>
> - KDevelop
> - KDE Connect
>
> This withdrawal will be applied to all platforms.
>
> In the case of KDevelop, it has a series of unit tests which on FreeBSD
> cause gdb to hang and consume an entire CPU core indefinitely. This slows
> down builds for all other projects using that CI server, and also prevents
> KWin tests from proceeding - completely blocking it's jobs. This fault is
> in the debuggee_slow family of tests.

Hey Ben,

first time I hear of this issue. I simply don't have the capacity to track
kdevelop CI mails, so if anything really bad happens, I would really
appreciate if anyone who notices that sents a mail to the kdevelop mailing
list so we can act on it. I still use kdevelop daily, but don't put any other
work in it currently due to lack of time...

That said: can we just disable it on the FreeBSD platform, if that's the only
one that exhibits this failure? Alternatively I'm obviously fine with skipping
that test on that platform, can you give me a link to a failure please so I
can see which tests exactly are affected? Then I'll add the QSKIP + platform
ifdef checks to skip it on freebsd.

Cheers and thanks for letting me know about this problem

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de