Looking for an SVGDOM / other SVG library for use with C++ and CMake.

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Jun 12 14:27:47 BST 2021

On Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2021 23:45:20 CEST David Hurka wrote:
> Yes, I am about to write a minimal SVG parser with QDomDocument. The result
> is probably very little code. I would just like to outsource this task to
> someone who already implemented and tested it. :)

Don't use QDomDocument, Qt XML is deprecated. Use QXmlStreamReader instead.

> breeze-icon-cleaner splits one SVG drawing into multiple icon files, where
> the file names are passed as command line option. I think it would be more
> convenient to define the file names directly in the SVG drawing.
>
> So I am looking for a library that gives me access to text elements in an
> SVG
> file. It should be usable from C++ and with CMake.

This sounds like a trivial 1to1 filter operation that just adds an attribute
at a certain point. Doing that with QXmlStreamReader / Writer should be pretty
straight forward.

Alternatively, why not write a simple script for this using Python e.g.? You
could even use XSLT for this purpose. I don't quite see what you need C++ for
here, personally.

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff