Looking for an SVGDOM / other SVG library for use with C++ and CMake.

David Hurka david.hurka at mailbox.org
Thu Jun 10 20:52:37 BST 2021

Hi!

breeze-icon-cleaner splits one SVG drawing into multiple icon files, where the
file names are passed as command line option. I think it would be more
convenient to define the file names directly in the SVG drawing.

So I am looking for a library that gives me access to text elements in an SVG
file. It should be usable from C++ and with CMake.

I already use QSvgRenderer, but it paints text only after converting it to
paths, so I can not get any text from it.

I found wxSVG, a C++ SVGDOM implementation, which is basically perfect. But it
fails at the transform attribute, which is relevant here. wxWidgets also does
not configure automatically with CMake, which is annoying.

I also found SVGpp, a boost.mpl template library. I have no idea how to work
with it, and so can’t even tell whether it will be helpful. Documentation is
somewhat missing... Compiling with it included takes almost an hour on my
computer, and the example projects don’t compile at all.

I didn’t find any other SVG library, except dozens which only create a pixmap
directly. :( Does someone know another library?

Cheers, David