How are tier 1 framework qm translations supposed to be loaded?

Halla Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 26 11:44:08 GMT 2021

On Tuesday, 26 January 2021 11:00:18 CET Harald Sitter wrote:

> The frameworks that are using Qt translation tech instead of gettext
> will generally set up a loader somewhere in the code.
>
> https://api.kde.org/ecm/module/ECMPoQmTools.html

No wonder I couldn't find it...

> "It assumes that the .qm file for the language code <lang> is
> installed as <sharedir>/locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/<catalog_name>.qm,
> where <sharedir> is one of the directories given by the
> GenericDataLocation of QStandardPaths."

Ah... I guess that explains it. GenericDataLocation is only useful in a linux distribution packages setup, because it's the location that's shared with other applications, so we patch ki18n to use AppDataLocation -- I guess we'll have to patch ECM as well.

--
https://www.krita.org