Accessing a (sub)menu defined in an XmlGui ui.rc file

Tobias Leupold tobias.leupold at gmx.de
Wed Jan 13 16:21:47 GMT 2021

I still don't get it :-D All I get is nullptrs ...

Maybe I'm missing the forest for the trees?!

I now attached a minimal example showing my dilemma. After having put
demoui.rc to ~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/demo/, the GUI is setup nicely and all,
but how do I get a pointer to the "subMenu" menu? To e. g. assign an icon to
it's action or to disable the whole menu?!