Should we change how we approve developer account requests?

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Mon Aug 16 17:49:20 BST 2021

While writing an email in support of a recent request for developer
access that I encouraged someone to apply for, it struck me as odd that
the sponsor can approve. I would expect the sponsor to approve or else
they would not have sponsored the application in the first place!
Instead, wouldn't it make more sense to require other non-sponsors to
approve too? This would create a meaningful review process and prevent
one person from approving all their friends willy-nilly.

Nate