Trying to build knotifications framework, kdesrc-build and qt5

Colin Williams colin.williams.seattle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 08:55:17 BST 2021

I'm trying to build the knotifications framework on a platform that
doesn't provide packages for kde. The platform provided qt5 and
qt5-tools packages. I installed them. Then when building the framework
dependencies I got http://ix.io/3uDy

>From that error I suspect that the system qt5 is broken. So now I am
interested in allowing kdesrc-build to create QT5, and then back to
the steps to build the framework.

On the Qt5 build I am getting >Couldn't update Qt5 repository submodules!

Unable to update Qt5, build cancelled.

I went to the qt5 src directory and ran git submodule update. It took
awhile, but it looks like it updated the submodules. However I still
get the same error mentioned above when I try to build. Can someone
suggest how I can manually update the submodules or satisfy the
sources so kdesrc-build can build qt5 and I can move to the next step?