Krunner plugins - basic questions from the new plasma dev

Slawek Kaplonski slawek at kaplonski.pl
Sun Apr 18 20:07:37 BST 2021

Hi,

I'm user of the KDE since some time and now I want to get more familiar with
its codebase and development process.
I wanted to write some simple Krunner plugin. I started doing that with the
[1] guide but it seems like a bit old and outdated in some places. Is there
anything newer and more up to date maybe?
And also second question is about building and running such new plugin. I
started doing it in Kdevelop. I found that there is krunner plugin template
already there so I started with it. But how I should run this plugin from the
IDE? Is it possible on the running (production) system or should I run it
somehow in some "sandbox"? Is there any guide for that maybe? Thx in advance
for any help.

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma4/AbstractRunner

--
Best regards