OpenEXR 3.0 Imath library

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Apr 12 13:48:54 BST 2021

In FreeBSD ports -- not usually the forefront and bleeding edge of chasing
software releases, although we track KDE things pretty closely -- OpenEXR has
been updated to 3.0, which *apparently* splits off a new library called Imath,
and messes around some other bits.

There's now a patch in our packaging against ECM:

https://cgit.freebsd.org/ports/tree/devel/kf5-extra-cmake-modules/files/patch-find-modules_FindOpenEXR.cmake

that in turn *seems* to do the right thing, al least packages build. The patch
itself doesn't look all that right to me, though, and suffers from backwards-
incompatibility. So I'm sending a heads-up to -devel and to krita (I hope)
that there is some rumbling going on around OpenEXR releases and there may
need to be changes in ECM, kimageformats, krita and kio-extra's -- those
patches have already landed downstream.

I've asked the downstream patch author to try upstreaming these bits, too.

[ade]