Not able to take screenshots with KDE Plasma 5.20.80

Méven meven29 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 17:03:45 GMT 2020

As it was said, this change was introduced (by me) in :
https://phabricator.kde.org/D29407

It was done for Wayland to replace the past KWin behavior click-to-confirm
to take a screenshot while keeping at least a declarative setting.

Le jeu. 29 oct. 2020 à 17:39, Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> a écrit :

> Seems related to https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/374.

This patch is to lift the

For Wayland, I recommend using xdg-desktop-portal standard API to use a
portable durable standard API.
I am fixing its support in
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/xdg-desktop-portal-kde/-/merge_requests/32
I thought it had already been done, sorry for this.

And if this does not fill your need, well, do the same as
https://invent.kde.org/plasma/xdg-desktop-portal-kde/-/merge_requests/32 in
your application.

But this screenshot API is not meant to last very long, as this is not
Wayland worthy security-wise.
This would need better standardisation for instance a Wayland Protocol
ideally.

Sorry for caughting you unaware.

Cheers,

Méven