Windows CI Updated to Qt 5.15 - Temporarily KO due to Breeze Icons Breakage

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Oct 19 09:06:24 BST 2020

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:35 AM David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> On mardi 6 octobre 2020 11:59:34 CEST Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This evening i've completed updates to the Windows CI system, bringing it
> > from the previous Qt 5.14 setup it was using up to the more recent Qt
> 5.15.
> > As part of this various other libraries will have also been updated.
> >
> > This update was prompted by an unannounced dependency change within
> Breeze
> > Icons. As a reminder to all developers, it is imperative that any change
> > your dependencies on a non-KDE project be announced two weeks or more in
> > advance.
> >
> > Unfortunately due to regressions within Breeze Icons, it is not possible
> > for the Dependency Builds to complete at this time, meaning Windows CI
> > functionality will be generally unavailable until this is corrected.
> >
> > The failure log can be found at
> >
> https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/Dependency%20Build%20Extragear%
> > 20stable-kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.15/lastFailedBuild/console
>
> That looks like the usual java timeout....

At the time the link was sent, it referred to
https://build.kde.org/job/Administration/job/Dependency%20Build%20Extragear%20stable-kf5-qt5%20WindowsMSVCQt5.15/2/console
which was a compilation failure.

> I re-ran the exact same job and it passed.

Things are correct now yes.

> Can you re-enable normal CI service for Windows?
> I noticed e.g. that KIO tests were not run anymore...

Normal CI service has already been restored.

Execution of KIO's tests has been disabled as they very reliably leave
behind a kioslave5.exe process which cannot be terminated except by human
intervention (at least not using the tools i've tried using). This latent
process causes not only the KIO build to fail at the end, but also causes
all other builds assigned to that builder to fail until manual intervention
takes place.

It is not known what KIO is doing that causes this issue - however I have a
suspicion it is something to do with threads.

> --
> David Faure, faure at kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
> Working on KDE Frameworks 5

Cheers,