Supported C++ standard (aka compiler version) Overview Table for various distros?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:07:04 BST 2020

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 5:33 AM Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I would like to push for C++17 usage in KDevelop to make it more fun to
> develop there. This is an extragear app, so I believe we can take this
> decision separately from the surrounding KDE ecosystem.
>
> Does anyone know if there's an overview page similar to [1], but for Linux
> distributions?
>
> [1]: https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/compiler_support
>
> I.e. I would like to know which distro versions we would potentially lose by
> moving KDevelop master to C++17. I seem to recall that there existed such an
> overview page somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore.
>
> If it doesn't exist, then I would love if we could all together create such a
> table on our techbase wiki.

Fedora 32 and 33 are using GCC 10, and Fedora 34 will be using GCC 11.

Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 8 is using GCC 8, but there is access
to GCC 9 and soon GCC 10 too.

openSUSE Leap 15.x is using GCC 7. openSUSE Tumbleweed is using GCC 10
right now.

Mageia 8 will be using GCC 8.

OpenMandriva Lx is currently using Clang 9 (and GCC 9).

I think you'll be generally fine.