the procedure entry point ..... could not be located in the dynamic link library

Juliano João Bazzo julianojoaobazzo at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 2 14:00:34 CEST 2007

Hi,
I got an error which is not directly related with KDE-Cygwin however I noticed a similar problem explained in this list with the subject "the procedure entry point ..... could not be located in the"

Once that it is a very unusual problem and with a kind of unexpected resolution, I would like to share with you what I wrote at QT Forum.

<<The problem...>>
"...

I am programming with Visual Studio 2003 (C++) and QT 4.3.1. The code is compiling properly however it is raising a error at runtime.

The error is...

"The procedure entry point ?currentChanged at QListView@@MAEXABVQModelIndex@@0 at Z could not be located in the dynamic link library QtGui4.dll"

I looked for a missing word from the description above, "currentChanged", "QListView" and "QModelIndex" and there aren't any reference in my code.

The VisualStudio solution/project is including the QtGui4.dll and everything else seems ok.

Please, does anybody have any hint about how to solve the problem?
..."

<< The weird resolution >>
"...
I just include the "#include <QObject>" in my .h file which was missing. It compiled because others QCLASSES had the <QObject> included however the program was failing at Runtime when the Inclusion was missing at my implementation.

My right .h looks like this now...

#include <QDialog>
#include <QObject>

class CMyClass : public QDialog