HELP for installation of kde under cygwin

Karim Yousfi yousfi.karim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 00:38:18 CEST 2007

Good evening,

I'm sending you this mail from paris and I've a bigproblem to install KDE
under Cygwin.

 I already spent all my afternoon to try to fixthe pb unfortunately without
any result.

 Please somebody could help me or I'm going  to be crazy. It seems that
oneof the problems is
the absence of the xwinclip command.

 This is the error message:

$ cygserver: Initialization complete.  Waiting for requests.
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.901-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

xwin -fullscreen -noreset

/d/home/startkde: line 6: xwinclip: command not found
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running

Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already
run
ning
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
xset:  bad font path element (#62), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax
startkde: Starting up...
startkde: Running kpersonalizer...
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3088' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-3088'
DCOP: register 'kpersonalizer-3284' -> number of clients is now
1QFont::setPoint
Size: Point size <= 0 (-3)

WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/opt/kde3.4/home/share/config/kpersonal
izerrc.lock
WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/opt/kde3.4/home/share/config/kpersonal
izerrc.lock
WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/opt/kde3.4/home/share/config/kpersonal
izerrc.lock
WARNING: Problem deleting stale lockfile
/opt/kde3.4/home/share/config/kpersonal

Thanks a lot for your help

--
Karim YOUSFI