Qt4 on Cygwin

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jul 26 08:31:26 CEST 2007

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) schrieb:

> Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
>
>> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>>
>>> You can use the import/export decoration which is used by native
>>> Qt/windows. See the following part in src/corelib/global/qglobal.h
>>>
>>> you should disable then auto-import stuff when linking.
>>>
>> This is a replacement for -Wl,--script,i386pe.x-no-rdata as well?
>>

> And if so, could you please explain how the import/export decorations help?

you may simple search google for dllexport. One resource is

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B132044&x=11&y=10

and see section /Using decorations/ in //

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/gnu-linker/win32.html

The problem it fixes is documented in

BTW: This remember me to ask the binutils maintainer again if this
specific linker script could be a build into ld. but I'm not sure if
this will be accepted and it will need some time until an updated linker
will be ready.