Problem running Konqueror using cygwin

Peeyush.Singh at alcatel-lucent.com.au Peeyush.Singh at alcatel-lucent.com.au
Wed Jul 11 06:33:44 CEST 2007

Hi,

I need to run Konqueror browser on a Windows 2000 machine.
For running Konqueror, I installed required cygwin packages as suggested
on "http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/" for KDE 3.4
on a Windows 2000 machine.
When I started the KDE I got the following output:

$ cygserver: Initialization complete.  Waiting for requests.
./startkde: line 7: xwinclip: command not found
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.901-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

xwin -fullscreen -noreset

_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more
information
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "00000409" (00000409)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "English (USA)" (409), type "4"
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc105" Layout = "us" Variant = "(null)" Options =
"(null)"
(--) 3 mouse buttons found
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 636 431
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
xset:  bad font path element (#62), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

After this I am expecting a KDE desktop to come up, but it is not. There
could be some issue with fonts directories as seen in the output , but I
am unable to troubleshoot.
Let me know if I can do something on this.

Thanks in advance..

Peeyush Singh

This email may contain privileged/confidential information. You may not copy or disclose this email to anyone without the written permission of the sender.  If you have received this email in error please kindly delete this message and notify the sender.  Opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily the opinions of the employer.

This email and any attached files should be scanned to detect viruses.  No liability will be accepted by the employer for loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or not) as a result of email transmission.