It works for me

Douglas Allen kb9agt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 22:34:13 CET 2007

Hey all,

   I just thought that you might like to know that this non hacker got
kde-cygwin to work on my Windows XP. So if I can do it, so can you.
I'm a neo at best with Linux command line so I just copied and pasted the
commands from the web page @
here<http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-cygwin/kde/kde3.4/>
to a bash window. It didn't work at first for me either so I double checked
to see if I had all the prerequired components from the cygwin setup
program. I also used freedownloadmanager.org site explorer to get some of
the big ones. The setup will see the bz2 if you have it in the right place
so the site explorer helped me to figure out where they go in my installers
directory. It sure would be nice if someone could write a little utility to
just gather what is needed to get things working. I still don't know where
the ones I downloaded from the bash were first located before I unzipped
them. I also found that I had a few still missing but K Desktop came up
anyway. I am getting the rest now as I write this. The one thing that I need
now is to somehow get firefox in there because konquerer won't work with any
google personalized pages. I wanted to write in gmail there but google says
no way for that browser. Perhaps someone developing for google will work on
that someday.
  Does anyone know how to make firefox work in this kde-cygwin desktop?