kde 3.4 startup problem

Serge Kouthon serge.kouthon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 18:16:31 CEST 2006

When I try to launch startkde in cygwin using the following script :

   #!/bin/bash
   /usr/sbin/cygserver &
   export CYGWIN=server
   export SHELL=/bin/bash
   xwin -fullscreen -noreset &
   xwinclip &
   xhost +
   /opt/kde3.4/bin/startkde
   kdeinit_shutdown
   taskkill /IM xwin
   taskkill /IM xwinclip
   taskkill /IM cygserver

A black screen appear containing a single popu windows with the text :
could not start kstartupconfig check your installation

I also obtain the following messages on the shell window:

$ ./startkde
./startkde: line 6: xwinclip: command not found
cygserver: Initialization complete.  Waiting for requests.
Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.8.99.901-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree at cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

xwin -fullscreen -noreset

_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winValidateArgs - g_iNumScreens: 1 iMaxConsecutiveScreen: 1
(II) XF86Config is not supported
(II) See http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/cygwin-x-faq.html for more information
winDetectSupportedEngines - Windows NT/2000/XP
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines - Returning, supported engines 00000007
winSetEngine - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pixel
winFinishScreenInitFB - Masks: 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff
(--) Setting autorepeat to delay=500, rate=31
(--) winConfigKeyboard - Layout: "0000100C" (0000100c)
(--) Using preset keyboard for "French (Switzerland)" (100c), type "4"
Rules = "xorg" Model = "pc105" Layout = "fr_CH" Variant = "(null)" Options =
"(n
ull)"
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Error:            Can't find file "pc/fr_CH" for symbols include
>                   Exiting
>                   Abandoning symbols file "default"
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
(--) 3 mouse buttons found
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing
from li
st!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing
from
list!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing
from li
st!
Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing
from
 list!
winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 800 600
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host

Any idea ?

--
Serge Kouthon
Rue du Maupas 11