Qt/Win Free - Unofficial patches for Qt4 - manifest

REGAT-BARREL Aurelien arbvtk at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 1 12:06:11 CET 2006

Hi all,
I hope this is the rigth place te speak about "Qt/Win Free - Unofficial patches
for Qt4":
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49109&package_id=165202

First, thanks for this patch, it's a godd job :-)

I tried to compile Qt in -release -static with it, and, I succeeded. But, in
release + static, it is compiled using -MD = using the CRT as a dll
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kzt1wy3(en-US,VS.80).aspx
I changed QMAKE_CFLAGS_RELEASE in qmake.conf in order to compile with -MT, wich
IMO is a better choice for redistribution.
But the compilation quickly fails:

       link /NOLOGO /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /incremental:no /OUT:"..\..\..\bin\moc.e
xe" @C:\DOCUME~1\Aurelien\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm672.tmp
moc.obj : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found; restarting link
wit
h /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to improve linker performance
Generating code
Finished generating code
        mt.exe /manifest ..\..\..\bin\moc.exe.manifest
/outputresource:..\..\..\
bin\moc.exe;#2
Microsoft (R) Manifest Tool version 5.2.3790.2014
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 2005.
All rights reserved.

..\..\..\bin\moc.exe.manifest : general error c1010070: Failed to load and
parse
 the manifest. File not found.

This is because the patch always calls mt.exe, and it shouldn't in my case
since when compiling with -MT, no manifest is required so it is not created.
So, I created a patch for your patch :-)
ftp://ftp-developpez.com/arb/qt4/vc++/qt-4.1-patch-release-mt.zip

It patches qmake in order to change its nmake output:

mt.exe /manifest (DESTDIR_TARGET).manifest /outputresource:$(DESTDIR_TARGET);#2

becomes

@if exist $(DESTDIR_TARGET).manifest mt.exe /manifest (DESTDIR_TARGET).manifest
/outputresource:$(DESTDIR_TARGET);#2

it also patches qmake/Makefile.win32-msvc2005 in order to compile it with -MT
too.
Files modified by my patch:
http://arb.developpez.com/qt4/vc++/compilation/msvc_nmake.cpp
http://arb.developpez.com/qt4/vc++/compilation/qmake.conf
http://arb.developpez.com/qt4/vc++/compilation/Makefile.win32-msvc2005

Note that I also compile with -GL in release.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0zza0de8(en-US,VS.80).aspx

But this point can be discussed.

Hope it helps.