Additional compiler support for qpl'd Qt4/win32

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Mon Jul 3 23:04:02 CEST 2006

Klaus D. Günther schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I use your "Additional compiler support for qpl'd Qt4/win32",
> msvc2005. I can successfully build Qt413 and our own applications,
> but when I launch Qt assistant/designer/linguist a R6034 error
> is reported saying that a program attempts to load the C
> run time library without using a manifest.
>
> If I use the Microsoft Dependency Walker and its profiling
> feature then it turns out that the actual reason seems to be
> that assistant/designer/linguist load the image format plugin
> dll's (gif/jpeg/mng) in their debug version: qgif1d.dll etc..
>
> This in turn seems to have the consequence that the debug
> versions of the main Qt dll's are loaded subsequently
> in addition to the (already loaded) release versions,
> and finally the R6034 error is reported.
>
> If I hide the debug versions of the image format plugin dll's
> then the error doesn't occur since then the release versions
> are loaded. But I cannot expect the users of our software
> to do this, too.
>
> I have another Qt4/msvc2005 installation on a second PC
> which doesn't show this behavior: assistant... loads the
> release versions of the image format plugins.
>
> I couldn't find out so far why on my first computer the debug
> versions are tried first.
>
> Might this perhaps be related to your Qt4 patches?

Sorry for the dealy.

I don't think it has something to do with the paches because we only add
the makefile-generator and don't have to change anything on the source
(at least not for msvc). I don't have an idea why this hapeend but when
you want to investigate further, maybe
qimageread.cpp:createReadHandler() is a good starting point.

Christian