LyX/Q.../Free crash

Michael Gerz michael.gerz at teststep.org
Sun Oct 9 15:46:12 CEST 2005

Dear Christian,

when using LyX 1.4 on Windows with MinGW and Q.../Free, I get a
segmentation fault.

src/kernel/qfontdatabase.cpp, line 913, reads

   fe = loadEngine(script, fp, request, 0, 0, 0 );

loadEngine() is defined in file src/kernel/qfontdatabase_win.cpp which
expects a QFontFamily as fourth parameter. Within loadEngine() (line
337), family->rawName.lower() is evaluated. However, we get a
segmentation fault since we explicitly pass 0 as parameter.

Do you have any idea what the right way is to fix this bug? This is a
real showstopper for LyX/Win at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

PS: I also encountered a problem with resizable dialogs. Qt responds
very sluggish and sometimes it forgets to redraw the dialog. A couple of
months ago (before the big Qt mergers?) Q.../Free worked much better in
this case.