Compling LyX

Michael Schmitt michael.schmitt at teststep.org
Mon May 9 21:17:35 CEST 2005

Hi Christian,

two comments on Angus' reply:

I suggest using LyX 1.3 for testing purposes. This version is solid rock
software and in 99.9% of all cases you can assume that a drawing problem
is indeed a problem of your Qt library.

I rather doubt that LyX 1.3 can be compiled with MSVC. However, I have
created a short document that describes how to generate a LyX binary
with MinGW in reasonable time. For debugging purposes, you can ignore
the aspell part (step 4) as well as the LyX docs (step 5.2).

As Angus pointed out, linking takes endlessly with MinGW - unless you
use a static version of the Qt library. The latter results in reasonable
link time, although MSVC is certainly faster.

If you need more assistance: Let me know! (Send email directly to
michael.schmitt (at) teststep (dot) org)

Regards, Michael