wierd QT warnings and ksycoca errors

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon May 9 09:42:23 CEST 2005

On Sunday 08 May 2005 22:34, Sunil wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am facing the following problems with my kde install
> on cygwin. Any help with these would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> 1. updating the sycoca database. When I update the
> menu or add a new application association etc., it
> creates a temp ksycoca database and tries to rename it
> to the one in /var/tmp/kdecache. This fails because
> windows doesn't allow renaming to an open file. I am
> not sure which all processes mmap into this file
> during runtime and how to close it in all of them
> before rename. What would be a good strategy to tackle
> this?

There are some places in the kde sources where something like this happens.
Usually there is only a file close required. See the appended patch, which
fixes several problems

> 2. I get these in my kde session log all the time:
>
> QObject::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
> QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::hide() to
> Baghira::DeMaximizer::hide()
>
> I am not sure if they are errors or warnings. Anyone
> any idea?
Which application causes this warnings ?  It seems that a qt signal/slot
connection couldn't be established. The slot is named in DeMaximizer::hide()
in namespace Baghira.

Regards