KDE DCOPserver problem

Yuvraj Dhillon yuvrajsd at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 31 06:13:32 CEST 2005

Hi All,

    I have installed Cygwin with KDE 3.1.4 on Windows 2000. When I do startx& to start KDE from the cygwin bash shell, I get the following error:

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
ICE Connection rejected!

I have write permissions on my $HOME. I do not have a .ICEauthority in my home directory, I think KDE crashes before it is created.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Yuvraj Singh Dhillon
Graduate Research Assistant
Georgia Institute of Technology