QCad + GPL'ed QT on windows

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Mar 25 11:08:27 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> had just got an answer from ribbonsoft, which indicates that there are no
> problems with a gpl'ed qcad on windows.
>

> Ralf
>
> Subject: Re: QCad + GPL'ed QT on windows
> Date: Thursday 24 March 2005 22:15
> From: Andrew Mustun <info at ribbonsoft.com>
> To: Ralf Habacker <ralf.habacker at freenet.de>
>
> Ralf Habacker wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>in http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_dev_doc_faq.html you wrote
>>
>>"How can I contribute to the development of QCad if I'm working under
>>Windows? Good question.. you can't. Unless you have a developer license of
>>Qt for Windows. Please note that Windows should not be the platform of
>>choice for QCad development."
>>
>>Is this limitation caused by the fact that until now no gpl' release of qt
>>for windows is available
>

> yes
>

>>or do you have licensed the (gpled) sources in a manner,
>>that using a gpl'ed qt on windows is forbidden ?
>

> no
>

>>My question is triggered by the availability of a gpl'ed qt3 on windows
>>http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net, which makes it possible to compile qcad
>>under windows.
>>
>>Additional trolltech has announced a gpl'ed qt4 on windows this year
>>http://www.trolltech.com/newsroom/announcements/00000192.html
>

> please note the qcad currently won't compile with qt4 and needs to
> be ported first
>
> regards
>    andrew
> --
> RibbonSoft
> Fax: +41 44 274 24 64
> http://www.ribbonsoft.com

O.K.,  here are my files:

- in each */src folder is a new *-win.pro file
- batch files in the script directory to compile with make/nmake/mingw32

Copy all the folders into your qcad directory and call one of the batch file.
Be sure that QMAKESPEC and QTDIR is correct.

Maybe you have to fix this:

nmake: strcasecmp -> stricmp
mingw32: throw -> //throw

Cheers,