Deprecated Package XFree86 and KDE

Joerg Meyer gronk at gronkat.info
Mon Mar 21 11:48:56 CET 2005

After installing base cygwin and the new xorg-x11 packages, i tried to
install kde with the cygwin installer. After a lot of error messages kde
stopped in stage 4 (window manager).
I could not figure out what the problem was, however i noticed, that kde
depends on the deprecated package xfree86. Now i am unsure how to
proceed, since i have a very slow dial up connection, and cannot afford
to download the tar files for kde.
I am also not sure, if this problem is actually caused by this package,
but its my only clue.
I worked a long time with cygwin, kde on cygwin and linux/kde in general.