Any work on Qt3.3/free needed?

Chris January chris at atomice.net
Mon Mar 21 10:07:08 CET 2005

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:

> Hello
>
> Last week Peter and me came up with the question, if there is currently
> any more work on qt3/free needed or if we should wait for Qt4 and then
> port a few things back which are broken in our qt ( mostly font stuff ).
> We had no new bugreports on the list or the bugtracker for about one
> month, on this list I didn't saw reports about qt3/free a long time and
> I'm the only one who checked in patches since three weeks...
>
> What do you think?

There are probably bugs still in there (the reason we have had no new
bug reports could well be simply that we have had no people testing) but
perhaps it's time to make a public release available. That way we can
remind people that it's only Qt4 for Windows which is being released
under the GPL by Trolltech and not older versions. I can see Qt/Win Free
being used as a stop-gap by people who want to use their software on
Windows but have not as yet ported their code to Qt4. I think it should
be clear the public release isn't 100% complete, however. Perhaps we
should label it a beta release.

Chris