QT/X11: Building Scribus

Steven Boothe steven at poiema.org
Mon Mar 21 00:28:00 CET 2005

Ralf Habacker wrote:

> Steven Boothe schrieb:
>
>> Just for the archives, I found by reading ./configure --help that
>> there isn't an option for setting LFLAGS, but there is for LDFLAGS, so
>> the following are the commands that I did:
>>
>> export LDFLAGS="-L/home/cboothe/src/qt-3/lib"
>> export CFLAGS="-fdata-sections"
>> export CXXFLAGS="-fdata-sections"
>> ./configure --prefix=/opt/scribus/1.3
>>
>> However, now at home I'm still getting some problem with it not being
>> able to find the qt-mt library???

>> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (library qt-mt)
>> not found. Please check your installation!
>> For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
>> Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>
> ... and what says the config.log ?

Ahh I mistakenly put it in the wiki but not the email??? I don't know about
myself sometimes... :) OK, well just a couple of comments about the
config.log this time: It didn't seem to have anything really helpful to my
eyes. Here is a snippet of where I think the problem may be:

conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:19: error: `not' undeclared (first use in this function)
conftest.c:19: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
conftest.c:19: error: for each function it appears in.)
conftest.c:19: error: parse error before "big"
configure:3378: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */

Ack I thought I sent this already. Oh well, here it is. I'm not sure though.
I may need to attach the whole file, but of course I'd rather not. :)

Thanks so much for all the help.

Steven